Wow with Uncle Russell

May30

Meeting Uncle Russell and the Start of our Day of Learning about Indigenous Culture. This was our Welcome to Country and smoking ceremony at the start of our SUPER DAY!

Cleansing ourselves with the smoke from the gum leaves as Uncle Russell taught us by waving our hands in the smoke towards our body.

Uncle Russell painted our faces and for some of us, our hair too!

Playing the didgeridoo

Showing us some traditional tools used by Aboriginals

Clapping sticks and we got to do a dance with these instruments

Getting our faces painted

Helping us to make an Indigenous inspired piece of art with our hands

Learning to throw a boomerang with Uncle Russell. We couldn’t believe our eyes how high he could throw it and how it returned back to him. WOWZERS!

Uncle Russell painting his Totem (the black snake ) on our artwork!

What did you learn from the day with Uncle Russell? What wonderings do you have about Indigenous Culture?

“Wow with Uncle Russell”

1. May 30th, 2019 at 11:06 am      Reply Daniel Says:

i really liked uncle Russell i’m sad that he had to go but luckly me and Anothy got something from him.

From ,Daneil

2. May 31st, 2019 at 1:26 am      Reply Linda Says:

I liked this when Uncle Russell came and taught us about ingitchinous people! It was really fun in the incursion!

Love From, Linda!

3. June 5th, 2019 at 7:19 am      Reply Huy Says:

Hi everyone
    I learnt sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    much! How much did you learn? + you M&M

Love,Huy

4. June 5th, 2019 at 8:49 am      Reply Ella Says:

I really enjoyed this incursion. Especially when I got to see how they dance and how they lived. It was very fun when he played the digaridoo, making difference animal noises. I really had fun when I threw a boomerang. But Uncle Russle was the best out off everyone! I also learnt that there were different kinds off boomerang.

From, Ella

5. June 5th, 2019 at 10:19 am      Reply 3/4Ms Biggest Blog friend ( Tiana ) Says:

Dear All students, ( G’ day G’ day )
    I really love learning all the interesting stuff with Uncle Russel!!!
    It was really funny when nearly everyone got painted on their hair and face!!! I liked when he did the digeredoo it was so AWESOME!!!
    The smoke of peaceful was very peaceful, Kevin almost died cause he got choked and started acting!!! So funny!!!
    Love y’ all,
    Tiana

6. June 13th, 2019 at 7:20 am      Reply Jasssss Says:

Hi EVERYONE,

I really liked when everyone did face painting!!!! That was funny! I hope Uncle Russell come back soon….!!!

Bu Jasss

7. June 13th, 2019 at 7:57 am      Reply Elaine Says:

Dear 3/4 M,

I was so lucky to end up in a class with all of you.
    When I first came to this school I didn’t know I was going to be in the best teacher’s class.
    To think back to the day when Uncle Russel came brings all the excitement back to my day.

Love From, Elaine

• June 15th, 2019 at 9:19 am      Reply Miss M&M Says:

Dear Elaine,
      I feel so lucky that we have you in our class. You are such a wonderful addition to have in our class and your bring so many great ideas with a creative flare!
      Miss M&M 🙂

8. June 17th, 2019 at 7:29 am      Reply Hacker Says:

Me too Elaine
    The was like ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    and when I got put in M&M’s class I learnt what I wanted to learn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love ya