Sorry Day

May26

This term our Inquiry topic is “Who Lived Here First?” and this week we have been learning more about the Stolen Generation. We listened to Archie Roach, watched a few interviews of Indigenous people of Australia telling their stories or their family’s story and then we watched a clip from the movie “The Rabbit Proof Fence” and wrote an imaginative recount of what happened. Check out our writing pieces below the videos.

What  did you learn about Sorry Day or the Stolen Generation? What does this make you wonder? How does this make you feel?

“Sorry Day”

1. May 29th, 2017 at 10:12 am      Reply Trang Says:

Dear Miss m&m,
    When I watched the “RabbitProof Fence it was Soooooooooooooo scary and how white mentook the abouridgini’s from their homelands .I saw Sophia and Caitlin crying and I was just about to cry as well so was Yvonne.Apart from scary it was sad ☹️and heartbreaking and if that was me I would try to get back to where I was born .But I did enjoy learning about abouridgini’s and where they took place and stuff like that.
    Trang

2. May 30th, 2017 at 10:43 am      Reply Jason Says:

Dear 3/4M

I feel very bad about the aboriginals about they can be kidnapped by white men.

3. May 30th, 2017 at 10:34 pm      Reply Thien Says:

To Miss Murphy,

Its a bit sad that the aboriginals kids got stolen from their own homes.

From Thien

4. May 31st, 2017 at 6:28 am      Reply Aaron Says:

When I heard about the Stolen Generation I suddenly was sooooooo emotional about the Aboriginals that they were stolen especially when I saw the clip of the Rabbit Proof fence.

Aaron

5. May 31st, 2017 at 7:42 am      Reply Danny Says:

I like the song took the children away.

From, Danny

6. June 5th, 2017 at 10:34 am      Reply Chatty soph Says:

Dear MM,
    I feel sorry for the aboriginals who got taken away.
    Sophia

7. June 6th, 2017 at 6:02 am      Reply Caitlyn Says:

I feel really sad for aboriginal people. If I was one of them I would hide somewhere.

From Caitlyn

8. June 13th, 2017 at 7:00 am      Reply anthony Says:

Dear Miss Murphy that is some good story’s.
    from Anthony

9. June 14th, 2017 at 7:11 am      Reply Erica Says:

I feel really sorry and sad for all the aboriginals.
    From, Erica

10. June 20th, 2017 at 8:14 am      Reply Vanessa Says:

marhabaan m&m,

when I WATCHED rabbit proof fence I was SO SCARED that I
    cried and and I also saw Caitlin Sophia trang and Yvonne crying too
    when the ghosts try to kidnapped the Aborigines kids.

from ness