SEL

February7

In our class we are learning about SEL (social and emotional learning). We talked about people we think possess SEL qualities like Dora the Explorer, Angelina Jolie and Ellen. We said they were confident, risk-takers, set goals, don’t give up, friendly, kind, caring, responsible and positive. We also sang a song that has to do with SEL. Below is the song. How is the song related to SEL?

“SEL”

1. February 8th, 2017 at 5:26 am      Reply Anthony Says:

Dear m and m how is sel related to this song.
    From Anthony.

2. February 8th, 2017 at 5:58 am      Reply Caitlyn Says:

Bonjour M&M,
    This song is related because Rihhand I don’t know how to spell her name….But any ways I s related because she letted someone under her umbrella so it’s sharing and SEL (social emotional learning) is about kindness and compassion. She is confident to share an umbrella with someone and ask nicely.

From Caitlyn

3. February 8th, 2017 at 6:16 am      Reply Isaac Says:

The song was about someone that didn’t have a “umbrella” and someone that did have a umbrella and she said can. I be under your umbrella and he said yes.
    From Isaac

4. February 8th, 2017 at 6:17 am      Reply Erica Says:

Because it is about friendship.

5. February 8th, 2017 at 6:43 am      Reply Jordy Says:

Hi 3/4M,
    This was a cool song but first when I heard this song I could not sing it because the rap it made me speak gibberish but awesome song!!!!!!!

From Jordan

6. February 8th, 2017 at 6:55 am      Reply Thien Says:

Dear M and M ,

I like the song we are doing for our assembly!!! (I hope I get the microphone head set!‍♀️

7. February 8th, 2017 at 7:11 am      Reply justin Says:

the song is related to sel because in the line ‘When the sun shines, we shine together
    Told you I’ll be here forever
    Said I’ll always be your friend’ it means i will look after you no matter what’ and the line ‘You can run into my arms
    It’s okay, don’t be alarmed’ too.

8. February 8th, 2017 at 7:14 am      Reply justin Says:

And also another person that possess sel is you Miss Murphy

9. February 8th, 2017 at 7:47 am      Reply Jessie T Says:

Hey 3/4s, it’s me Jessie.
    I’m so happy that we get to practice this song at our assembly, because it is so nice and friendly. Thank you Miss Murphy for choosing this song, I love it! I hope everyone at the assembly loves it too.

10. February 8th, 2017 at 9:16 am      Reply Cindy Says:

Dear m&m,
    I think this song is related to SEL because
    it is a song about someone who is there for
    a friend and that’s why I think it is related to SEL

Cindy

11. February 8th, 2017 at 9:58 am      Reply Danny Says:

It’s friendship and kindness people

12. February 8th, 2017 at 10:25 am      Reply Sarah Says:

Because the song about friendship.
    From Sarah

13. February 8th, 2017 at 11:34 am      Reply Dinna Says:

Hi M and M,
    i really like this song because its related to SEL
    .SEL has some thing to do with this song because social ,emotional
    learning .Social,emotional,learning helps us to be a good person and
    and encourage us to be a helpful,kind,good person/kid.
    I was answering the question to SEL.

Your student Dinna

14. February 8th, 2017 at 11:37 am      Reply Dinna Says:

to miss M and M,
    something weird happened to my typing.
    from dinna

15. February 9th, 2017 at 5:53 am      Reply Sansom Says:

I like the song because it’s friendship, kind and nice. Thank you for letting us listening the song, Thank you very much again.

From your student Sansom

16. February 9th, 2017 at 7:46 am      Reply Soph Says:

This song is related to SEL (social emotional learning) because a person who is called Rihanna lets someone else to go under her umbrella and at that moment she is being nice to another person and that is SEL and + this is my homework!!!!! Yay!so that’s how the song “Umbrella” is related to SEL

17. February 9th, 2017 at 11:41 am      Reply Isabelle Says:

Dear MM,
    Why is the song related to SEL?
    I’ve also been listening to it a lot.

18. February 14th, 2017 at 4:36 am      Reply Jon Says:

XD I LOVE THE RAP!:)

19. February 14th, 2017 at 9:26 am      Reply Dp Says:

Hi m and m ,
    I liked the umbrella song where did you get the song
    From Dp

20. February 14th, 2017 at 10:29 am      Reply Lyna Says:

Hey Miss Murphy!,
    I just wanted to “GOOD LUCK!!!!!” For you and your class assembly .
    From Lyna (one of your 2016 students if you forgot)

21. February 15th, 2017 at 6:19 am      Reply Erica Says:

I think this song is about friendship.

22. February 19th, 2017 at 9:51 am      Reply Caitlyn Says:

Hi M&M,
    I liked our assembly it was great and I think I didn’t sing because I was so scared because I like singing by myself.

-Caitlyn

P.S I LOVE THE SONG!!!

23. February 22nd, 2017 at 5:50 am      Reply Isabelle Says:

To mm the umbrella song was so cool especially when we did it in the assembly it was ASOME POSOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From Isabelle

24. February 22nd, 2017 at 6:35 am      Reply Wes Says:

Yo m and m,
    The song is great from Wes.

25. February 26th, 2017 at 8:31 am      Reply Ngoc Says:

Hi! i think the assembely was very exiting because of the fashian show. i also loved the song!I think your assembely was a huge succes!

26. March 1st, 2017 at 7:34 am      Reply Isabelle Says:

Dear mm I love the song I wish we could sing it again i love the song from Isabelle Ps I love the umbrella song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. March 8th, 2017 at 6:19 am      Reply trang Says:

I enjoy this song so much.
    PS hope you make MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    From, Trang(2017)