Australian Story

April24

For our Inquiry topic of ‘What makes you Australian?’ students learnt about the reasons why people immigrate to Australia. Students went home and interviewed one of their family members to find out their story. We learnt so much from our teachers, parents and grandparents journey to Australia. Amy was especially inspired by her mother’s story and asked if we could act out the interviews. We decided to dress up as one of our parents and show our learning of immigration through the interviews. We pretended to be doing an episode of ABC’s wonderful program ‘Australian Story’. In between the segments there are adverts. Think about the advert: what is advert trying to convince you to do? Who is the advert aimed for (gender, age group)? Thanks to our parents and grandparents who gave us their time and shared their stories with us! Enjoy our video!

“Australian Story”

1. April 27th, 2016 at 6:35 am      Reply Jasmine Says:

dear Miss Murphy,
    I liked it very much also i found it very real

from, jasmine

2. April 27th, 2016 at 7:50 am      Reply Gina Says:

I really liked the interviews. I loved performing. But I still feel like I am a little bit nervous because people laugh. But I still loved it.

From, Gina 3/4 M

3. April 27th, 2016 at 9:31 am      Reply james Says:

Dear Miss Murphy ,
    I think the video was trying to tell you about people’s immigration story’s.The first two ads were for boys[five and up].I think the third ad was for boys and girls[seven and up].I think the forth ad was for adults[twenty and up].The fifth ad was for boys[six and up].The sixth ad was for boys and adults [any age].I think the seventh ad was for boys and girls [any age].The eighth ad and ninth ad was for boys and girls [any age].
    from James

4. April 27th, 2016 at 10:42 am      Reply Kimmy's Mum Says:

I thought it was Awesome one thing. Why is. Kimmy last? 😐

5. April 28th, 2016 at 11:34 am      Reply Awsome Eddie Says:

Dear Mm,

Im Australian because i was born here.

Love Eddie

6. May 2nd, 2016 at 6:15 am      Reply Dylan Says:

There are some persauding adverts!!!
    From, Dylan

7. May 4th, 2016 at 7:11 am      Reply erryn Says:

dear 3/4 M

i liked the ads so much it was very interesting!:)

8. May 4th, 2016 at 7:44 am      Reply Henry Says:

Dear miss mm,
    I love it and it was AMAZING.

From,Henry

9. May 4th, 2016 at 9:12 am      Reply EPIC,MEGA, AMAZING Jamieson Says:

I was soooooo shy when i act in the ” Australian Story”, I wish i was going last…..

From,EPIC,MEGA, AMAZING Jamieson

10. May 5th, 2016 at 12:11 pm      Reply Ly Says:

I enjoyed the interviews they were sooooooo funny .
    From Ly ,‍‍‍

11. May 17th, 2016 at 6:29 am      Reply erryn Says:

Dear 3/4M

i liked the introduction

12. June 1st, 2016 at 12:06 am      Reply haley Says:

I really like it because it’s like a TV show and it’s weird

13. June 1st, 2016 at 10:16 am      Reply amy Says:

I was nerves and a little scared.
    I wanted to go second because I wanted to get over it.
    It was so cool how you put advertisements.

From, Ames 🙂

14. August 2nd, 2016 at 8:09 am      Reply Just James Says:

Dear Miss Murphy ,
    I like how you made it look like a real show.
    From, James

• August 2nd, 2016 at 11:52 am      Reply Miss M&M Says:

Thank you James. Maybe I can teach the class how to make videos like this one in class next term!
      Miss Murphy 🙂

15. August 3rd, 2016 at 8:28 am      Reply Kimmy The Kitty *=* ~_~ ¥£€*^*€£¥ Says:

Yay! 🙂 *^*

16. August 3rd, 2016 at 9:09 am      Reply Kimmy The Kitty *=* ~_~ ¥£€*^*€£¥ Says:

Thanks M&M!