Immigration Museum Excursion

March9

IMG_4634

Last Thursday the 3/4s went to the Immigration museum to learn more about our topic ‘What does it mean to be Australian?’ We got to participate in some dress up role plays of two different families that immigrated to Australia for different reasons. We also watched a mini videos about the reasons why people immigrated to Australia and we got to listen to interviews of people who immigrated to Australia and decide if they could immigrate to Australia if they met the criteria.

What did you learn on the excursion? What was your favourite part of the excursion?

“Immigration Museum Excursion”

1. March 9th, 2016 at 6:48 am      Reply Jasmine Says:

I enjoyed going to the Immigration Museum I hope we go there agin one day
    From Jasmine,

2. March 9th, 2016 at 7:07 am      Reply Henry Says:

Dear 3/4m,
    I meditated in the bus.
    Henry

3. March 9th, 2016 at 7:26 am      Reply madeline3/4M Says:

Hi Miss Murphy
    Im sad im not in the photo because I went with 3/4 F but inside it was awsome!
    from Madeline

4. March 9th, 2016 at 8:55 am      Reply Anthony Says:

Dear Miss Murphy
    I meditated in the bus it was fun their.
    From
    Anthony your student

5. March 9th, 2016 at 9:26 am      Reply James Says:

Thank you for giving me some tickets to go to the Immigration Museum. I would like to go there with my family because it was fun and interesting. I want to know more information about Immigration about how people immagrated to Australia and when. How did people get to Australia?
    From James

6. March 9th, 2016 at 9:42 am      Reply cindy Says:

Dear M&M
    I am also very sad that l am not in the photo just
    like Gina,Lyna,and Maddieline. (or maddie)
    But I did have fun ! Did you?

from, Cindy

7. March 9th, 2016 at 10:12 am      Reply Eddie Says:

Dear MM,
    love excursion
    From Eddie

8. March 9th, 2016 at 11:16 am      Reply Anthony Says:

Dear Miss Murphy
    I meditated in the bus. It was longer then I expected it to be.
    From
    Anthony your student

9. March 14th, 2016 at 1:11 am      Reply Kimmy! :) Says:

I liked it when we went to the immigration museum.
    My favourite part was when we get to do the interviews with the family that had a child and she was deaf. 🙂

From Kimmy Chy

10. March 16th, 2016 at 9:30 am      Reply Jamieson Says:

Hey Miss M&M,
    My favorite part is when we watch the Immigration video. It was fun!!

From, the student you just met in class 8:00pm on Wednesday. PS its Jamieson

11. March 19th, 2016 at 11:27 am      Reply David Says:

Dear Miss Murphy
    l love your blog good job 3/4m have a good time with your lovely teacher Miss Murphy

from DAVID

12. March 22nd, 2016 at 7:11 am      Reply Lyna Says:

Dear M&M, Wow what a amazing job you’ve done Miss Murphy! on the excursion me,Gins(Gina)and Cindy miss you and the class so much. From Ly

13. April 12th, 2016 at 6:36 am      Reply Lena V Says:

The excursion is very amazing. Maybe one day I would like to go back there. 🙂

Lena V
    3/4MH

14. April 20th, 2016 at 10:29 am      Reply amy Says:

Thank you for the tickets.It was FUN.
    It was cool that we know some people ho immigrated.
    Also, it was fun playing ZAP with 3/4H.
    And knowing some of there reasons.:)

Ames