Making Inferences

November15

We have been learning about making inferences when we are reading texts. Watch these two videos that will teach you more about this reading comprehension strategy.

“Making Inferences”

1. November 17th, 2015 at 9:18 am      Reply skye Says:

I learnt a lot from those videos that you posted on the blog.
    I’m getting use to making Inferences.
    from,skye 🙂

2. November 18th, 2015 at 5:22 am      Reply Andy Says:

dear Miss Murphy,
    i like the making inferences videos you put they help me under stand why inferences are made also they are partly funny .

From,Andy

3. November 18th, 2015 at 6:02 am      Reply Hayden Says:

On this topic ‘making inferences.’Is that we did some made up where am I? and who am I?.So I think the starred one that I wrote was ‘I am cunning and sly I like to wonder around in forest in the shadows not a lot of people may have seen me who am I? who am does anybody know?

Sincerly From,Hayden

4. November 18th, 2015 at 7:12 am      Reply Mandy Says:

Dear class,
    l loved the inferences videos the women was right, that had to be unhappy. The man was also right the robers were going to jail.
    From, Mandy

5. November 18th, 2015 at 7:23 am      Reply Chelsea Says:

I realise of those two videos are related to acting.
    The best video out of those are the second one because I like sad acting.

From Chelsea 🙂

6. November 18th, 2015 at 8:05 am      Reply Jason Says:

Those videos were great! My favorite one was the first one, I sometimes use inferences to like that day when there was no power and the car had no fuel at the same time so it was a boring day.
    From, Jason 3/4M
    AKA Jay

7. November 18th, 2015 at 8:13 am      Reply This Guy Thomas Says:

As there is no question, I will make an inference.

My head is balding as the children that I teach, keep on talking and mucking around. I often have to go to meetings for planning for the class next year. At the end of the fourth school term I often have to test my pupils for their reports.
    Who am I?

As the passage above states the person teaches children telling you that he or she has something to do with education.Secondly the passage states that the person has a class often meaning they have students. Last but not least the passage mentions ‘school term’ often meaning they work at a school and it also mentions ‘pupils’ which also means students. Putting all these states together often means the character is a teacher.
    So the character is a teacher.
    From, Thomas

8. November 18th, 2015 at 9:55 am      Reply Tony Says:

I’v learned that inference is to use clues and background knowledge.
    From,Tony

9. November 19th, 2015 at 5:52 am      Reply Vivian Says:

This is very cool that you put this up because I can really help people on making infrences

10. November 19th, 2015 at 6:53 am      Reply Kaylan :) Says:

My goal from this video is to add more inferences is my sentences.
    Kaylan

11. November 19th, 2015 at 6:53 am      Reply vincent Says:

I learn more about inferences now because the videos help me like when the second video the girl say that she was very unhappy because it is unhappy when your car broke down and your dad lost his job and when your dog run away for me.

From,Vincent.L 3/4M

12. November 19th, 2015 at 9:21 am      Reply Theresa Says:

I learn from the videos you put help me a lot i can tell that she is sad because she said her car broke down then her husband lost his job and her dog ran alway so when i put them all together and it made sad.

From,TVO