Science Incursion- What’s the Matter?

July20

Today we had an AWESOME Incursion with Ben the scientist fromfizzicsHe taught us many things and we got to see heaps of science experiments. What did you learn during the exciting incursion. Answer the survey below about which science experiment was your favourite?
Get your own Poll!

After our FUN FILLED incursion we brainstormed a few words for our new topic. Below is what we could come up with. We are really looking forward to our new Inquiry topic ‘What’s the Matter?’ What do you want to learn about? Can you think of any other words to add to our Matter Vocabulary List?

What’s Matter Video # 1

What’s Matter Video # 2 (Particles or Atoms)

What questions do you have about matter? Particles? Changing states? Or about the either of the videos above?

“Science Incursion- What’s the Matter?”

1. July 21st, 2015 at 6:13 am      Reply Jason Says:

Dear ms Murphy,
    I’ve enjoyed the incurision my favorite bit was when the giant balloon pop it sounded like a normal balloon popping without you covering your ears even tho I covered me ears when it popped. I hope to learn more fantastic and awesome thing this term.
    From Jason 3/4 M
    AKA Jay

2. July 21st, 2015 at 8:58 am      Reply Mandy Says:

Dear 3/4’s,
    I didn’t even get to see the poll Miss Murphy made because my internet connection is slow.
    I liked being able to get a friend called Mandy jr.
    I learnt that when you put water,detergent and the very, very, very cold water it makes bubbles.
    From, Happy Mandy.

3. July 22nd, 2015 at 12:44 am      Reply Jessy pants Says:

Dear miss Murphy,
    I Learnt so much about Gas. Liquid and Solid.
    I also love seeing Ben does the water and the balloon but it did not pop.

From

Jessica Taing

4. July 22nd, 2015 at 2:04 am      Reply Skye Says:

My favourite parts was when all the air came of the 2 hoses,when Eddie got wet and when the ballon poped sooo LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I learnt That siance could AWESOME And abit dangerous.
    From you know it all,Skye

5. July 22nd, 2015 at 3:45 am      Reply Vivian Says:

I think that incursion is best of all incursion and ben was funny.
    Don’t you agree?
    Vivian

• July 22nd, 2015 at 1:39 pm      Reply Miss M&M Says:

Dear Viv,
      Yes, I agree. The incursion was a lot more enjoyable because Ben the scientist was so funny. Why was this incursion the best of all incursions? What was your favourite experiment?
      Miss M&M 🙂

6. July 22nd, 2015 at 3:48 am      Reply sujan Says:

Dear,Miss Murphy
    I loved the science incursion all of the experiment was awesome!
    I learnt when you put liquid nitrogen on to the balloon it freezes. When you blow it goes back to normal. And I liked the What’s the Matter videos it’s cool and I know that air has mass too.
    From,S.Tape 3/4M

7. July 22nd, 2015 at 7:06 am      Reply Andy Says:

dear miss murphy,

my favourite part was the liquid nitrogen and the bubbles because it was awesome and I also learnt when you put dish washing soap,water and liquid nitrogen it makes dry bubbles

from,andy

8. July 23rd, 2015 at 7:40 am      Reply Kaylan>_> Says:

I injoyed the Incrsion i learnt that Nitrogen was -200 degres and that people can freeze themselves with nitrogen and if you use nitrogen gas to pop a balloon it makes a loud noise.
    Kaylan>_>

9. July 23rd, 2015 at 7:54 am      Reply Tony Says:

At the incursion was really coooooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was also thinking if the balloon froze then is it safe or not?

10. July 23rd, 2015 at 7:56 am      Reply Hayden Says:

Why can’t any gas be measured?

From Hayden

11. July 23rd, 2015 at 8:39 am      Reply Thomas Says:

I liked the incursion including the experiments.
    I liked the bubbles the most.
    Here’s something that I typed up:

Super
    Creative
    Ingenious
    Exhilarating
    New
    Charming
    Exciting

All the capital letters make up SCIENCE :).

From, Thomas

P.S: I got a science book that explains matter and liquids, solids and gas.

• July 27th, 2015 at 7:05 am      Reply Miss M&M Says:

Thomas that is a great acrostic poem. I am glad that you are so enthusiastic about our topic!! I really enjoy science too, especially doing science experiments. I can’t wait to see what you come up with for our science project near the end of our topic and our term.
      Miss M&M 🙂

12. July 23rd, 2015 at 8:46 am      Reply vincent Says:

I love our incursion it was so much fun also I love the video it help me a lot and I still want to know how do they get the air out the bubble.

From,Vincent.L 3/4M

13. July 23rd, 2015 at 8:59 am      Reply sophia Says:

my favourite part of our incursion was the liquid nitrogeon and the straws.I don’t have any questions.

From, Sophia

14. July 25th, 2015 at 8:10 am      Reply Tam Says:

The incursion was AMAZING and fun.
    I have a question how is matter created?
    and the best part was the big balloon POP!!
    From, Tam