Thanksgiving in Australia

October28

A few weeks ago it was Thanksgiving in Canada and since Miss Murphy, our teacher is from Canada we got to learn a little bit about the Canadian holiday, wrote thank you letters to our buddies and old teachers and we even made the traditional Thanksgiving dessert PUMPKIN PIE!! ๐Ÿ™‚

What ingredients do you remember from our Pumpkin Pie recipe? What Maths did we use while baking? What type of text is a recipe? Has anyone tried making their pumpkin pies at home yet? Did any parents get to try any? If so, what did they think?

“Thanksgiving in Australia”

1. October 29th, 2014 at 5:14 am      Reply RatDust ryan Says:

the ingredients I remember is
    pumpkin, sugar, tart
    I THHINK THATA ALL I KNOW!

RATDUS RYAN

2. October 29th, 2014 at 6:05 am      Reply Even Steven Says:

I remember we put cinnamon and blended pumpkin, i can’t remember anymore ingredients. I think the text of recipes is a procedure. My sister is going to practice how to make a pumpkin pie.

Even Steven

3. October 29th, 2014 at 6:09 am      Reply Jules Says:

Some of the ingredients are Milk,salt,tarts and cooked pumpkin.
    The maths we used were degrees and measurement.
    A recipe is a procedure.
    Once my mum tried to make pumpkin pie and it didn’t quite worked out.

4. October 29th, 2014 at 6:11 am      Reply Jules Says:

I forgot to type from Julie now I will do it

Julie

5. October 29th, 2014 at 6:20 am      Reply Linda Lu Says:

I enjoyed making pumpkin pie because it was fun and I learnt how to cook TOO but did’t rember any ingredients aww.

6. October 29th, 2014 at 7:00 am      Reply Hannah Says:

A recipe is a procedure. I haven’t tried making it at home yet but I might try and make it another time. I don’t really like pumpkin but I still really enjoyed cooking and everything thing else. Thanksgiving was so much fun!

Hannah

7. October 29th, 2014 at 7:11 am      Reply Chloe Boey Says:

I really enjoyed the pumpkin tarts, they were SUPER yummy! And here are the answers: Q3: It is a procedure/recipe. Q2: measuerment and dgrees.I hope I make them in my class next year! he he

From, ๐Ÿ™‚
    Chloe Boey 3/4M

8. October 29th, 2014 at 7:23 am      Reply Trace Says:

The Maths we used was fractions and one of the ingredients we used was the eggs.

Trace

9. October 29th, 2014 at 8:43 am      Reply Jer Says:

The recipe was a procedure and I really like the Pumpkin Pie.
    Sincerely, Jer ๐Ÿ™‚

10. October 29th, 2014 at 9:25 am      Reply piercypie Says:

I enjoyed making the pumpkin Pie but it was hard taking the pumpkin
    off the spoon.
    From,Piercypie

11. November 10th, 2014 at 10:44 am      Reply evan Says:

Dear miss Murphy,
    I really enjoyed making and eating the pumpkin.
    I wonder if next year students will like the idea of making and eating
    pumpkin. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    from,
    Evan

12. November 19th, 2014 at 10:35 am      Reply STARDUST Says:

The ingredients that I remembered were tarts, pumpkin, sugar and ginger. I enjoyed making and eating the pumpkin pie!!!!!:)

STARDUST