Making Inferences

October13

Making inferences is using what you know or see to come up with another idea.
Example:

Let’s go swimming to cool off!
What season is it?
a. Summer
b. Winter
(It does not tell you in the sentence but you can infer that it is summer because you know summer is hot and the season you are more likely to go swimming).

You’re turn…
The moon sure looks bright.
What time is it?
a. Morning
b. Night

Using what you know, what can you INFER about what time it is?

“Making Inferences”

1. October 14th, 2014 at 10:24 am      Reply Levi Jeans Says:

I know the answer is night because you don’t see the moon in the morning and the answer is night.
    From,Levi Jeans

2. October 15th, 2014 at 5:27 am      Reply Damien Says:

Dear MISS M&MS,
    The moon sure looks bright.What is the time?
    The time is night. I really enjoyed the video it was very funny.

Damien 3/4 M

3. October 15th, 2014 at 6:27 am      Reply Julie :) Says:

For question one the answer is A. Summer.
    For question two the answer is B. Night.

Jules 🙂 😉
    (3/4M)

4. October 15th, 2014 at 7:51 am      Reply Chloe Says:

I really liked the little video about inferences, it was AMAZING!!!! My favourite part was probably when they said it was actually a play! I think inferences are very interesting, and very fun to do!

From, 🙂
    Chloe Boey 3/4M

5. October 15th, 2014 at 8:29 am      Reply Rydust Says:

1- the moon sure looks bright. That there is a moonlight

a.night
    B.morning

correct answer night

From,Ryan

6. October 15th, 2014 at 9:11 am      Reply Trace Says:

The answer should be night because the moon only shines at night not in the morning.

Trace

7. October 15th, 2014 at 9:50 am      Reply Jenny Says:

Dear M&m,
    First I didn’t know what inferences ment but now I do as you are teaching us. (:

Jenny 3/4 m

8. October 16th, 2014 at 8:36 am      Reply Missy moo Says:

For the first question, I think it’s a because it said to’cool off’ and in Winter I don’t think I would do that!
    Next question, I think it’s night because moon shines at night and sun shines in the morning. I hope my answers are correct!

Missy Moo

9. October 23rd, 2014 at 6:54 am      Reply Hannah Says:

For the second question I think it’s night because the moon is only out at night and not morning.

Hannah

10. October 23rd, 2014 at 7:27 am      Reply Jenny Says:

Dear Miss M&m,
    Question #2 answer is night because in the morning the sun is up
    up and in the night the moon is up

Jenny 🙂 3/4m&m