Food Revolution Day with Jamie Oliver

May19

On Friday, May the 16th,  our 3/4M class and our buddies 5/6WM and 5/6MA got to participate in Jamie Oliver’s cooking challenge. We watched him on our interactive whiteboard as he made his recipe. He taught us to make this recipe of a rainbow salad wrap from scratch.
DSC02170

We first washed our hands and paired up with our buddies and friends. Then the teacher sent some 3/4 kids to the staff room to grate some beetroot to avoid beetroot mess. Next, we got to grate the carrot,  pear and cabbage. Then we added some dressing that we made ourselves from mixing oil, vinegar, plain yogurt and English mustard. After that we got out our wraps and placed some of the salad mixture and we wrapped it all up. Finally, we all ate our delicious rainbow salad wraps. We had a lot of fun and hope to do this kind of activity again next year! 🙂

DSC02172 DSC02215

Stay tuned for more photos of all of our cooking fun!!

Recount written by,

Jenny Jen Jen, Sophie Soaps and Aimes 3/4M  🙂

“Food Revolution Day with Jamie Oliver”

1. May 19th, 2014 at 12:24 pm      Reply Danny HOHO Says:

I loved FOOD REVOLUTION DAY it was great and I also loved the RAINBOW SALAD WRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danny HOHO
    🙂

2. May 20th, 2014 at 9:07 am      Reply Fragrance Says:

I don’t know what to say I half like it and half don’t.
    It was so fun with our buddy I had allot of fun making it.:0

From ,
    Fragrance:)

3. May 21st, 2014 at 7:27 am      Reply Soapie soaps Says:

i loved doing the rainbow salad wrap.
    It was so fun.
    Even though only 5 classes got to do this I feel kind of sorry for the ones that didn’t get to do it.
    On my table there was only girls.
    I got to shred the pear it was so fun.
    Soapie soph

4. May 22nd, 2014 at 5:38 am      Reply Damien Says:

Dear Miss M&MS,
    I liked the rainbow wrap it was good to get to cook it was fun.

Damien

5. May 22nd, 2014 at 12:00 pm      Reply Alicia T Says:

Hi 3/4 Murphy,

I enjoyed participating in the ” Jamie Oliver Food Revolution Day.” It was lots of fun and the Rainbow Wrap was delicious. I really like making it.

Alicia T
    5/6 Ma

6. May 26th, 2014 at 12:00 am      Reply kevin likes spiders Says:

It was crazy for eating the food .
    I did not look like a rainbow salad.
    But it tasty like a rainbow.
    It was MEGA AWESOME.

From,Kevin likes spiders and fragrance

7. May 28th, 2014 at 10:09 am      Reply Jer Says:

I enjoyed cooking it was awesome but most of all i hate the Rainbow salad and taste bad.
    Sincerely,Jer

8. June 4th, 2014 at 11:32 pm      Reply Kim Says:

I like your videos and they are very creative.

From Kim