SURVIVAL ON EARTH

May2

Earth

This term, in Integrated Studies our topic is ‘Survival on Earth’. We started our unit with a WOW activity. First we watched an awesome episode of Man vs Wild. Next, we read a news article that told us that Bear Grylls had been FIRED and we could apply for his job. In order to apply for the job the ‘producers’ asked that we work with a team in order to identify items from different habitats and sort them into the correct habitats such as: the arctic, desert, rainforest and ocean habitats. We worked very quickly to sort everything and match it to its correct habitat. Many of us made the mistake of matching the penguin with the arctic habitat but we learnt a few interesting things during this activity like, penguins are only found in the antarctic, NOT the arctic. We also learnt that there isn’t always snow in the arctic. Something we also learnt after we completed our activity was that Bear Grylls was not actually fired and we weren’t able to apply for his job. ‘Oh well’ we thought, we really enjoyed this WOW activity anyways!!

What questions do you have, that you would like to learn about our topic ‘How to Survive on Earth?’

Written by Danny HO HO, Sophie Soaps and Miss M&M

“SURVIVAL ON EARTH”

1. May 2nd, 2014 at 12:29 am      Reply chloe Says:

I want to learn How can Lizards camouflage?

2. May 2nd, 2014 at 5:38 am      Reply Damien Says:

– I want to learn:
    How do trees give us air?
    How do animals survive in the desert without water?

Damien

3. May 2nd, 2014 at 8:42 am      Reply Anthony Says:

I want to learn Can carnivores live by eating vegetables?

Anthony

4. May 2nd, 2014 at 9:14 am      Reply Fragrance Says:

What does a turtle eat to survival?

5. May 2nd, 2014 at 9:53 am      Reply Ryan likes crying Says:

Dear 3/4M

I want to learn if a herbivore can survive
    without vegetables.

Ryan

6. May 2nd, 2014 at 11:19 am      Reply chloe Says:

I want to learn:
    How do Lizards camouflage?
    And what happens if a vegetarian eats meat?

Chloe

7. May 4th, 2014 at 8:00 am      Reply Soapie soaps Says:

I want to learn
    -how do bacterial survive with everything clean?
    -how long can a human been survive without water or food?

Soapie soph

8. May 5th, 2014 at 11:16 am      Reply CRYAN Says:

I want to learn
    If a little shock of lightning can kill you

Ryan

9. May 5th, 2014 at 11:25 am      Reply CRYAN Says:

Dear 3/4M

I want to learn
    how long can a turtle she’ll stay on the turtle?

Ryan

10. May 6th, 2014 at 3:35 am      Reply dawn Says:

thankyou ms murphy for bringing out the best in damien. He especially enjoys drama.

gilroy & dawn

11. May 6th, 2014 at 10:37 am      Reply Levi Says:

Dear 3/4m,
    I wanted to learn how long does it take to form a coral reef and
    how long to take the universe to form.

From,Levi

12. May 7th, 2014 at 5:32 am      Reply kevin Says:

What I want to learn is
    -How long can people live without water and food?
    -What does pandas eat to survive on earth?

Kev

13. May 7th, 2014 at 6:05 am      Reply CRYAN Says:

Dear 3/4M
    I wanted to learn what can eat a blue whale!

Ryan

14. May 7th, 2014 at 7:06 am      Reply Datty The Dat Says:

I want to learn:
    Could the Carnivore survive if Natural Disasters didn’t happen,
    In the future, will there be the end of the world?
    Will robots or technologi get a virus and takeover the world?

From, Datty Dat!

15. May 7th, 2014 at 7:39 am      Reply Kev Says:

What I want to learn is:
    Turtles eat to survive on earth?
    -How many years can a tarantulas survive on earth 30 or 40 years?
    Do some people need to eat spiders to survive on earth?

From,Kev

• May 7th, 2014 at 10:31 am      Reply CRYAN Says:

Dear Datty The Dat

I think you have some cool comments and I
      Think end of the world happens every 12 years ( :

CRYAN

16. May 8th, 2014 at 8:55 am      Reply Jenny Jen Jen Says:

What I want to learn about survival is how long can people stay with only summer?

Jenny 3/4M

17. May 12th, 2014 at 7:49 am      Reply Soapie soaps Says:

I also want to learn can you survive with only drinking your pee.
    I also want to learn do dinosaurs eat each other.
    Sophie

• May 15th, 2014 at 11:17 am      Reply Datty The Dat Says:

Dear Soapie soaps,
      I think drinking your pee is kinda gross but it is still good for surviving! Pee can be useless in the public but it is useful if you are lost! (I’m just like LOL or ROFL O_O)

From, Datty Dat!

18. May 14th, 2014 at 9:14 am      Reply Aimes Says:

I want to learn how some times you only see half the moon and some times the whole thing why is that ????
    Aimes

19. May 14th, 2014 at 10:49 am      Reply CRYAN Says:

I want to learn how long it would take a snail to craw 1 metre.

CRYAN

20. May 15th, 2014 at 11:24 am      Reply Datty The Dat Says:

I also want to learn was the Megaloden still alive?
    Were giant crocodiles real lots of years ago?
    Were giant pythons exist long ago?
    Are there still animals that we hadn’t found yet in the sea?

From, Datty Dat!

21. May 21st, 2014 at 6:03 am      Reply CRYAN Says:

Dear 3/4M

if we can’t live in the Anarctica how can animals live there.

Ryan

• May 21st, 2014 at 6:17 am      Reply Miss M&M Says:

Dear Ryan,
      This is a fantastic question that shows you are really thinking outside the box! You could also pose this question slightly different such as ‘since animals live in Antarctica’…’could humans survive living in Antarctica’ Or…. ‘how could humans survive living in Antarctica?’ 🙂 Perhaps you might want to use one of these questions as a basis for your personal research task that you will be starting next week. Then you will be able to explore and evaluate this question and share with the class! Super thinking Ry!! 🙂
      Miss M&M 🙂

22. May 21st, 2014 at 10:32 am      Reply Levi Says:

Dear 3/4m,
    How dose the plants survive under the ice when there’s 25 degrees
    in the water.

From,Levi

23. May 22nd, 2014 at 11:40 pm      Reply levi Says:

Dear 3\4m,
    I would like to know that can animals survivie the ice age?
    From,Levi

24. May 25th, 2014 at 11:36 pm      Reply ken Says:

I want to learn how long can a turtles survive.
    I want to learn how long can a whale survive.

Kenny 3/4M

25. June 2nd, 2014 at 11:23 am      Reply kenny Says:

I want to learn what type of cactus help people survive in the desert.

Ken

• June 3rd, 2014 at 11:41 am      Reply Miss M&M Says:

Sounds really interesting Kenny!! I can’t wait to see what you share about your learning?
      M&M 🙂