What’s In Your Suitcase?

April30

vintage_suitcase

vintage_suitcase1

During our immigration unit our class heard many stories about people and their suitcases, at the immigration museum we got to unpack many different suitcases and see what different people from different countries and with different cultures value enough to bring with them when moving to a new country. We even got to see Cuc Lam’s suitcase and hear about her amazing immigration story about how she came to Australia and what she brought with her. When we interviewed our family members we also learnt many things about our culture and our family’s journey to Australia and even what they brought in their suit cases. Below is some of our best work to demonstrate what we learnt! ๐Ÿ™‚

What would you bring with you in your suitcase if you were moving to another country?

What items are the most valuable to you? Why?

“What’s In Your Suitcase?”

1. May 1st, 2014 at 12:48 am      Reply Chloe Says:

We want to congratulate all winners who won the suitcase and culture sheet competition. I liked all the suitcases and culture sheets! ๐Ÿ™‚

Chlo Bo and Jewles
    ๐Ÿ™‚

2. May 1st, 2014 at 6:11 am      Reply Linda lu Says:

I enjoyed doing Immigration things.
    when I first saw the suitcases it was AMAZING!

From,Linda lu

3. May 1st, 2014 at 6:52 am      Reply chloe Says:

Dear 3/4 M,
    I really congratulate all the the winners of the suitcases and culture sheets. I think they all amazing!

Chloe

3/4 M

4. May 1st, 2014 at 7:54 am      Reply Tina do Says:

All the suitcases were amazing! Congratulations to the winners ๐Ÿ™‚

5. May 1st, 2014 at 8:30 am      Reply Soapie soaps Says:

Now I understand why there were covered up with other pieces of paper.
    Same for our persuasive sheets.

6. May 1st, 2014 at 8:33 am      Reply Soapie soaps Says:

If I was immigrating I would bring my.
    -devices
    -lots of clothing
    -favourite food
    -fun things
    -money money

Soapie soph

7. June 11th, 2014 at 7:31 am      Reply Even Steven Says:

Dear class,
    Your suitcases looked very AMAZING i wished i did not go on holiday.

8. June 11th, 2014 at 9:31 am      Reply Fragrance Says:

I really like the suitcase and piece of paper and in the paper I saw the raund of all of the winners of the suitcase and paper.:)

9. November 19th, 2014 at 8:52 pm      Reply Tina Leena Says:

Dear 3/4 M,
    Congratulation for the AMAZING suitcases that won!
    What I would bring on the holiday is clothes and a photo of the class

Tina Leena