Immigration Story

March26

Immigration-Image1

This term during our Integrated Studies topic we have been learning about Immigration. How and why people from all over the world have choose to move to Australia. We have heard interesting immigration stories from teachers, and interviewed family members so that we can learn more about immigration: what were the reasons for immigrating, what were the challenges when moving to a new country, what were the hopes for their future, who did they immigrate with, where did they immigrate from and much more. Have you immigrated to a new country? Where have you or your family immigrated from? Do you have an immigration story that you would like to share with us? Or is there an immigration story that you have heard recently that helped you learn more about our topic? We are looking forward to learning more about immigration and reading your responses! 🙂

“Immigration Story”

1. March 27th, 2014 at 7:41 am      Reply sophie soaps Says:

I remember when we went to the Immigration Museum it was so fun.
    In the future i might immigrate to Canada.
    Who Knows?
    Sophie

2. March 27th, 2014 at 7:52 am      Reply sophie soaps Says:

what were the reasons for immigrating,
    for a better life such as freedom,peaceful and livable place.

what were the challenges when moving to a new country,
    she was scared she wasn’t excepted to stay in Australia

what were the hopes for their future,
    a better life than Vietnam’s life

who did they immigrate with,
    Her mother

where did they immigrate from and much more.
    She Immigrated to Australia

Have you immigrated to a new country?
    she has

Where have you or your family immigrated from?
    Vietnam

Do you have an immigration story that you would like to share with us?
    I don’t have, but my dad and mum does
    From, Sophie

3. March 29th, 2014 at 4:25 am      Reply Jenny Says:

I enjoyed reading what we learnt about immigration because it was
    Awesome when we opens the sotcase !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    {} :
    From , Jenny

4. March 29th, 2014 at 8:02 am      Reply Julie Says:

Wow I can’t wait until I grow up because I might immigrate to another country.

I wonder what country would I immigrate to if this happened?

Me Julie

5. March 31st, 2014 at 7:46 am      Reply Jenny Says:

The story about my dad when he immigrated here

In 1988 my dad he left Vietnam and he went by a boat to Indonishia’s
    Refugee camp.He stayed there for two years.In 1990 he came to Australia by a airplane.First he stayed at Enter Prise Hotel with a lot of people that came from different country’s.After two months later he moved out to live with his cousin.

6. April 24th, 2014 at 4:42 am      Reply KK Says:

My dad came from Vietnam. He came here because his family was mistreated by the government. My grandpa was a Vietnam soldier, he was the commander. That’s why my dad’s family was mistreated by the government. Oh, I forgot about my mum. My dad sponsored her here. 🙂

7. May 1st, 2014 at 7:57 am      Reply Datty The Dat Says:

When I asked my dad about his immigration story, he traveled here by boat and aeroplane. He also told me that now on, when I’m older his just going to follow me when I go somewhere like a different country! I’m still happy about that! Because when I go country, sometimes I miss my dad!

Datty Dat!

8. May 2nd, 2014 at 11:42 pm      Reply Fragrance Says:

When I ask my Dad about his immigration story and he said – he had a choice to go to Muscat (South East) or Australia. And his dad i.e.my grandfather said to him GO TO AUSTRALIA – YOU CAN HAVE A GOOD FUTURE THERE. My Dad listened to his father and came here in June 2000. It was very cold. His country India is not so cold. He adjusted to the weather, life-style and culture and he is very proud that he made the right choice for his future and family. He then got married to my mum in 2003 and I was born in 2005. My mum’s mum i.e. my grandmother and my dad’s sister i.e. Connie Aunty came to help mum with her delivery. We have also gone back to India for a holiday and we like it there too. But now Australia is our home and we like it here more.

March 2014