Our Excursion to the BIG CITY

December3

On Thursday the 29th of November, 3/4Mwent to the city to see some landmarks like we’ve been learning about in class!

In the city we went to St.Patrick’s Cathedral, Fitzroy Gardens, Eureka Tower, the Shrine of Remembrance and Federation Square.

First, we went to St.Patrick’s Cathedral. We had a look outside. St.Patrick was the Patron Saint of Ireland. It is called St. Patricks Cathedral because the people who built it were Irish. It was lovely! Second, we went to Fitzroy Gardens. In Fitzroy Gardens, we got to see Captain Cook’s Cottage and a fairy tree. It was amazing! Third stop was Eureka Tower. We had an awesome view of the city! The Eureka Tower has eighty eight floors!! Fourth arrival was the Shrine of Remembrance. It was magnificent! We watched a video about soldiers that went to war. We also saw lots of shiny medals. We also learnt that the biggest achievement for a medal is the Victorian Cross. We also received a poppy each. We then stood for a moment of silence while listening to the Last Post. Our last stop was Federation Square. We saw an art exhibition inside and they had some fantastic things  like a carpet made out of icing.

After that we went back to school. Our friendly bus driver named Pat put on some music and we all sang along. Our favourite song was Roar by Katy Perry!

We had an AWESOME  time on our excursion!!

Written by Lynny Lyn, KK and Jay of 3/4M

“Our Excursion to the BIG CITY”

1. December 4th, 2013 at 8:24 am      Reply D.T.B Says:

Wow! That is AMAZING I wish I went there.

2. December 9th, 2013 at 1:25 am      Reply Jenny Says:

I couldn’t go but……..
    I hope the class had an amazing time !!! 🙂

• December 23rd, 2013 at 3:25 am      Reply Sharna the human Says:

Hey Jenny,
      Did you know that Steven likes coke and MK filmed a video for you to see the city? Or maybe I might be wrong……

3. December 10th, 2013 at 7:03 am      Reply Lara B ~.?.~ Says:

Oh that sounds so fun! I wish I was there! I hope you all had a great time! I have been to all of those places ( Yes, The Fairy Tree too! ) EXCEPT The Eureka Skydeck! I’ve been waiting since 2011 to go to the Eureka Skydeck after ZoeLOVESsailormoon went there when she was in 3/4WU ( IT NOW IS 3/4WM!)!
    But I was sick for it! Meh. I’ll persuade my mum to take me, even if it takes 5yrs! :p
    I sort of meant that…….

4. December 17th, 2013 at 8:04 am      Reply Chika Says:

I thought the fairy houses were really cool and cute. I hope I will be able to go see them again.

5. December 23rd, 2013 at 3:21 am      Reply Sharna the human Says:

The city was awesome and one of my dislikes was the elevator in the Eureka Skydeck because it made our ears hurt!

• January 5th, 2014 at 1:02 pm      Reply Chrystal ~*~ (3/4M) Says:

I agree Sharna the elevator made my ears pop not hurt. Just because the elevator was zooming up. Couldn’t really hear for a few minutes but then it went back to normal. I was so glad and yeah that was my most most dislike thing!

From : Chrystal ~*~ (3/4M) in Beijing.

6. January 1st, 2014 at 10:41 am      Reply Sharna the human Says:

Tour
    Yummy food

Melbourne city.
    Hoped you liked it
    >.<

7. January 3rd, 2014 at 3:15 am      Reply KK Says:

It was the best, last excursion I’ve ever had with 3/4M:).

8. March 3rd, 2014 at 1:02 am      Reply sophie soap Says:

i couldn’t go because i was sick
    :{